Bayhealth Medical Center appreciates the thoughtful interest of those making donations for our patients. Bayhealth accepts the following items for donation, please read all guidelines before bringing items to the hospital. Safety and infection control standards are priority concerns, please follow these guidelines and procedures when purchasing and / or referring persons to Bayhealth for donations.
Right now we are currently most in need of:
- Handmade baby blankets
- Adult Books (in good shape, not yellowed or torn)
- Magazines (within the past 6 months)
- New Puzzle Books (Sudoku, Crossword, Word Search, etc…)
- New Coloring pencils, crayons, markers, pens
If you have questions or would like to arrange a drop off, please call 744-7153 for Kent General and 430-5621 for Milford Memorial.
Please keep in mind:
- Toys must be new and clean with no broken or missing pieces. No buttons or eyes sewn that may be removed, as it is a choking hazard.
- No used or previously owned stuffed animals can be accepted.
- Toys made of materials that are easily broken causing possible sharp edges are not appropriate.
- Please do not gift wrap any donations.
- Many of our patients have restricted diets; therefore, food and candy cannot be distributed.
- If stored, all donations must have been in areas away from contact with mold, mildew, and cigarette smoke. Items should not be stored in trash bags; however, you may place your donations in them for delivery purposes.
- Due to HIPPA concerns, donated items may not be distributed to patients without approval from Volunteer Services. Staff will distribute the donations. Donors should not expect to deliver their donations personally to the patients due to privacy and safety of our patients.